Occupational therapists treat patients who have injuries, illnesses, or disabilities through the therapeutic use of everyday activities.
Occupational therapists may be found in big number in certain larger hospitals with regional specialist divisions.
Other employers include:
- colleges and universities
- residential and nursing homes
- community centres
- job centres
- GP surgeries
- charities and voluntary organisations
- housing associations
- industrial and commercial organisations (including equipment manufacturers and architects)
MAJOR JOB TITLES
- Occupational therapist
- Occupational therapy supervisor
- Rehab coordinators
- Health improvement practitioner