The eligibility criteria for this test is briefly described below:
The candidate must be a citizen of Pakistan or a permanent resident of the state of Jammu and Kashmir.
- The candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree with at least 2nd division from a university that is recognized by HEC.
- A candidate with 3rd division in the Bachelor’s degree can apply for the exam if he/she has secured a higher division in the Master’s degree.
- If candidate does not hold the required degree on or before the cut-off date, he will be required to produce a certificate from the duly authorized officer of the concerned degree awarding institution saying that he cleared and passed all requirements for the said degree. The candidate however would be required to produce the said degree before the final result is declared by the Commission.
- The age of the candidate should be 21 to 30 years.
- For the government employees or the candidate belonging to the recognized tribes are relaxed for 2 years more that means such candidates can be of 32 years of age.
- The cutoff date for determining the eligibility of the candidate in terms of age, qualifications, domicile shall be the 31st day of December of the year preceding the year of competitive examination.
Test conduction cities for CSS exam:
The CSS exam is conducted in the following cities:
- Dera Ismail Khan
- Dera Ghazi Khan
Interview conduction cities for CSS exam:
The interview exam is conducted at the following places:
Rate of Fees
1 . The following fees must be paid by the candidates :-
(A) To the Federal Public Service Commission:-
(i) Rs.2200 for written competitive examination (Application fee)
(ii) Rs.500 for each representation or review petition which a candidate wants to submit against any decision of the Commission.
(iii) Rs.500 per paper as fee for re-counting of marks.
(B) To the Medical Board:-
(i) Rs.100 to be deposited by all the candidates in the Government Treasury or State Bank of Pakistan. The original copy of the Treasury Challan should be handed over to the President of the Central Medical Board at the time of Medical Examination;
(ii) Rs. 1400 before examination by a Medical Board in the case of candidates who qualify in the written examination. Payment of this fee will be required to be made in cash to the Medical Board at the time of physical examination of the candidates
(iii) A Candidate who is medically deferred will have to make the full payment again to the Medical Board at the time of re-examination.