Artificial intelligence is a branch of computer science aimed at developing intelligent computer machines. It is the study of using a computer for non-numerical problem solving. The goal of this cutting-edge technology is to convert human resources into computer power. AI creates wireless machines, automatic machines, and robotic machines that can think, behave, and experience in the same way that humans do. Machines learn from previous data and behaviour, whether positive or negative, in artificial intelligence. With this new information, the computer can correct itself to avoid recurrence of the problems, as well as making any possible changes to handle new input. Finally, the machine is able to perform human-like tasks.
The AI scientist’s ultimate aim is to design machines to mimic human cognitive ability. Cellular automata, expert systems, fuzzy logic, genetic algorithms, neural networks, pattern recognition algorithms, natural language processing, and voice recognition are among the AI algorithmic techniques he is well-versed with. He is an expert with the most recent AI programming languages.
With its capabilities, AI will lead the technology-driven world in the coming years. To advance their AI careers, students can master artificial intelligence, machine learning, deep learning, neural networks, and other cutting-edge trends and technologies.
Nature of work
As an AI engineer, you must perform certain tasks such as design, test, and deploy AI models using programming algorithms like random forest, logistic regression, and linear regression, among others.
- Convert machine learning models to application programme interfaces (APIs) so that they can be used for other applications.
- Create AI models from the scratch and assist various parts of the organisation (such as product managers and stakeholders) in understanding the model’s outcomes.
- Automate infrastructure that is used by the data science team
- Perform statistical analysis and tune the results so that the organization can make better-informed decisions
- Set up and manage AI development and product infrastructure
- Be a good team player, as coordinating with others is a must
Scope of Artificial intelligence
Artificial intelligence is now a larger part of how the world works, and it continues to evolve and enhance the quality of life in a variety of industries. The scope of artificial intelligence is quite broad, that not just the local market but international IT giants like Google and Microsoft hire artificial intelligence developers. Because of projects like PIAIC, the scope of artificial intelligence in Pakistan would be greater than in the past. To engage the youth in the growth of the country’s economy, a national centre for artificial intelligence has been developed across the country. Talented IA experts are often welcomed by software companies in Pakistan, who are paid handsomely. Furthermore, an artificial intelligence specialist can make a lot of money by freelancing in this area. Artificial intelligence applications are being used in Pakistan’s top businesses. Artificial intelligence research labs are located in the following cities in Pakistan.
- Islamabad (NUST- national center of artificial intelligence)
- Lahore (UET- artificial intelligence research lab (AIRL))
- Peshawar (UET- center of intelligent systems and networks)
- Karachi (The artificial intelligence lab at iba)
Robotics, computer vision, language processing, game playing, expert systems, voice recognition, and many other fields provide opportunities for a career in AI. Anyone interested in a career in this profession and is willing to invest in the time and commitment to obtain a high level of education would be easily recruited into this fast growing and rewarding industry.
How to become an artificial intelligence engineer
Basic computer science knowledge is required to begin a career in artificial intelligence and machine learning. After completing intermediate in the science stream, you can start with certifications or a bachelor’s degree. For entry-level positions, a bachelor’s degree in computer science and engineering, a B.Tech in computer science or artificial intelligence, or a bachelor’s degree in robotics is required. You can easily make a switch to artificial intelligence if you are a software developer or a research scienctist.
- National University Of Computer And Emerging Sciences, Islamabad
- National university of science and technology
- Comsats University
- Ghulam Ishaq Khan Institute Of Engineering Sciences & Technology
- University Of Management And Technology
For more details on institutes offering Artificial intelligence, please visit
There is great scope for experts of artificial intelligence in many industries all over the world. Some areas in which you may get a job include
- Software houses
- Robot factories
- Mechanical labs
- Production units
- Educational institutes
- Automobile industry
- Aeronautical field
- Scientific journals
- Gaming industry
- Bio-medical industry
- Nanotechnology industry
- Agricultural and chemical industry
- Electronic industry
- Power plants
- Research institutes
- Media houses
Required skills for an Artificial intelligence engineer
- Creative and logical mind
- Ability to learn and plan
- Analytical mindset
- Problem solving ability
- Good command over mathematics, statistics and computer languages
- General intelligence
- Basic expertise in programming languages( python/ c++/ java)